Type of Position: Full-time
Location: Head Office (Montpellier, France) or other EU location (inc. UK)
Isotropix, maker of leading 3D content creation and rendering software Clarisse, is seeking a C++ 3D graphics developer to join its software R&D team.
If you hold a Computer Science degree or equivalent industry experience, are proficient in modern C++ development, and are already experienced with 3D scene representation, efficient geometry data structures, high-performance ray tracing, color management, image filtering, industry standard open-source libraries (such as Alembic, USD, OpenVDB, and OpenSubdiv), then this might be a position for you.
Not only will you work with some of the smartest minds in the industry, you will also contribute to the development of one of the most innovative 3D content creation softwares on the market, used globally to create stunning, award-winning content for Film, Games and Visualization.
As part of the nimble software development team, your mission is to:
- Develop, maintain and provide support for the scene, geometry and ray tracing engines of Clarisse, the flagship product of the company.
- Research and develop new 3D data structures, new memory management systems, and new ray tracing algorithms such as volume rendering, hair and fur rendering, and signed distance fields.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on state-of-the-art technologies and current practices in high performance computing both on GPU (Cuda/Metal) and in modern C++.
- Collaborate with other R&D engineering staff and the technical artist team to ensure that the core 3D systems meet requirements and provide the best solutions.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Strong experience with performant 3D data structure designs.
- Strong knowledge of modern C++ programming in a massively parallel environment and of Cuda and
- Metal APIs for GPU accelerated algorithms.
- Professional experience with industry standard open-source libraries such as Alembic, USD, OpenVDB,
- OpenSubdiv, OpenColorIO, OpenImageIO, and OSL.
- Strong knowledge of algorithm optimization for memory and performance.
- A good understanding of low-level hardware technologies such as memory management, CPU cache usage optimizations, data orientation, and data layouts for high-performance computing via vectorization.
- Excellent English both spoken and written.
- Bilingual or working level proficiency in both English and French, a plus.
- Ability to work well in both, an agile team and independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to leverage from the latest technologies and to innovate.
- Ability to learn and think fast and to develop within short release cycles.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
What we Offer
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders.
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Office-based, hybrid and remote work opportunities.
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it.
Isotropix is the maker of leading 3D content creation and rendering software Clarisse, used globally to create stunning, award-winning content for Film, Games and Visualization. We’re passionate about VFX and Animation. Our clients and partners range from major feature film studios and AAA game developers, to boutique studios and independent artists.