Type of Position: Full-time
Location: Head Office (Montpellier, France) or other EU location (inc. UK)
Isotropix, maker of leading 3D content creation and rendering software Clarisse, is seeking a 3D rendering C++ developer to join its rendering R&D team.
If you hold a Computer Science degree or equivalent industry experience, a record of academic or professional excellence is a plus, are proficient in C++ development and algorithmic optimization, and are already experienced with writing a path tracer and possess a deep understanding of PBR rendering technologies, then this might be a position for you.
Not only will you work with some of the smartest minds in the industry, you will also contribute to the development of one of the most innovative 3D content creation software on the market, used globally to create stunning, award-winning content for Film, Games and Visualization.
As part of the nimble software development team, your mission is to:
- Develop, maintain and provide support for the rendering engines of Clarisse, the flagship product of the company.
- Research and develop new rendering algorithms and maintain up to date knowledge on state-of-the-art technologies and current practices in the area of computer graphics.
- Collaborate with other R&D engineering staff and the technical artist team to ensure the rendering technology meets requirements and provides the best solutions.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent industry experience
- Strong knowledge of C++ programming in a massively parallel environment.
- A deep understanding of PBR rendering technologies, such as multiple importance sampling, light transport, and volume rendering.
- Knowledge of GPU APIs such as OptiX, Cuda and Metal.
- Strong knowledge of algorithm optimization for memory and performance.
- Strong mathematical background to comprehend the theory behind state-of-the-art research papers.
- Excellent English both spoken and written.
- Bilingual or working level proficiency in both English and French, a plus.
- Ability to work well in both an agile team, and independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to leverage from the latest technologies and to innovate.
- Ability to learn and think fast and to develop within short release cycles.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
What we Offer
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders.
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Office-based, hybrid and remote work opportunities.
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it.
Isotropix is the maker of leading 3D content creation and rendering software Clarisse, used globally to create stunning, award-winning content for Film, Games and Visualization. We’re passionate about VFX and Animation. Our clients and partners range from major feature film studios and AAA game developers, to boutique studios and independent artists.