Type of Position: Full-time
Location: Head Office (Montpellier, France) or other EU location (inc. UK)
Isotropix, maker of leading 3D content creation and rendering software Clarisse, is seeking a C++ 3D software engineer to join its software R&D team.
If you hold a Computer Science degree or equivalent industry experience, are proficient in modern C++ development, and are already experienced with developing professional 3D software, then this might be a position for you.
Not only will you work with some of the smartest minds in the industry, you will also contribute to the development of one of the most innovative 3D content creation software on the market, used globally to create stunning, award-winning content for Film, Games and Visualization.
As part of the nimble software development team, your mission is to:
- Develop, maintain and provide support for systems, sub-systems and the user interface of Clarisse, the flagship product of the company.
- Ensure cross-platform fitness of the Clarisse codebase and maintain its build system on Windows, Linux and macOS.
- Research and develop new 2D/3D tools and workflows for Clarisse, develop new user interface viewports using modern technologies such as Vulkan and Metal.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on current practices in GPU computing and in modern C++.
- Collaborate with other R&D engineering staff and the technical artist team to ensure the newly developed 2D/3D tools and workflows meet requirements and provide the best solutions.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Proven experience in writing professional 3D digital content creation tools.
- Strong knowledge of modern C++ programming in a massively parallel environment and of
- OpenGL/Vulkan/Metal APIs for enabling GPU acceleration.
- A deep understanding of user interface design and ergonomy.
- Good knowledge of algorithm optimization for memory and performance.
- A good understanding of cross-platform development requirements and build systems automation, a plus.
- Excellent English both spoken and written. Bilingual or working level proficiency in both English and French, a plus.
- Ability to work well in both an agile team, and independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to leverage from the latest technologies and to innovate.
- Ability to learn and think fast and to develop within short release cycles.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
What we Offer
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders.
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Office-based, hybrid and remote work opportunities.
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it.
Isotropix is the maker of leading 3D content creation and rendering software Clarisse, used globally to create stunning, award-winning content for Film, Games and Visualization. We’re passionate about VFX and Animation. Our clients and partners range from major feature film studios and AAA game developers, to boutique studios and independent artists.