Type of Position: Full-time
Location: Head Office (Montpellier, France) or other EU location (inc. UK)
Isotropix, maker of leading 3D content creation and rendering software Clarisse, is seeking a C++ software architect to join its software R&D team.
If you hold a Computer Science degree or equivalent industry experience, are proficient in modern C++ development, and are already experienced with massive scenes description, large 3D databases, entity-component systems, data oriented designs and possess a deep understanding of efficient software architecture along with professional API designs, then this might be a position for you.
Not only will you work with some of the smartest minds in the industry, you will also contribute to the development of one of the most innovative 3D content creation software on the market, used globally to create stunning, award-winning content for Film, Games and Visualization.
As part of the nimble software development team, your mission is to:
- Develop, maintain and provide support for the underlying architectural systems of Clarisse, the flagship product of the company.
- Research and develop new core systems such as memory management, heavy data management, scene description and scene editing engine.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies and current practices in performant software architectures in modern C++.
- Collaborate with other R&D engineering staff and the technical artist team to ensure the core architectural systems meet requirements and provide the best solutions.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Excellent software design skills using low-level programming languages such as C.
- Strong ability for software design abstraction while maintaining software efficiency.
- Strong knowledge of modern C++ programming in a massively parallel environment.
- A deep understanding of low-level hardware technologies such as memory management, CPU cache usage optimizations, data orientation, and data layouts for high-performance computing via vectorization.
- Professional experience with comprehensive API design.
- Strong knowledge of algorithm optimization for memory and performance.
- Excellent English both spoken and written. Bilingual or working level proficiency in both English and French, a plus.
- Ability to work well in both an agile team, and independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
What we Offer
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders.
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Office-based, hybrid and remote work opportunities.
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it.
Isotropix is the maker of leading 3D content creation and rendering software Clarisse, used globally to create stunning, award-winning content for Film, Games and Visualization. We’re passionate about VFX and Animation. Our clients and partners range from major feature film studios and AAA game developers, to boutique studios and independent artists.